Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reading Between The Lines...

 is finally here!
(for some reason the link to order doesn't work. you can just click on Amazon to order or sneak a preview)




Yesterday after a full day of babysitting, I was tired and hot. Entering through the garage, I did not notice the package lying on my front door step.
After supper, I decided to water my flowers in the front yard. That was when I noticed the brown package at my front door.
Now, out here in the semi-country, it's normal for mail and packages to be left on a doorstep. No one would dream of taking anything. More often than not, a thoughtful neighbour will pick up someone's newspaper lying at the end of their driveway and bring it up to the front door, or the phone book. Deliveries as well are often  left with neighbours. It's that kind of a community.
I was just glad it hadn't rained.


At first I thought the package might just be for David. For months after he was gone, mail was still delivered, publications and magazines and this looked like a medical or pharmaceutical directory.
I read the return address: National Book (distributor or something). I did not have my reading glasses on, of course, so I read: National Bank.
"What on earth?" I didn't order anything from the bank. Not even any chequebooks, which would be much smaller anyway. "Hmm, maybe some sort of advertising."
You can imagine my surprise and pleasure when I opened the package and six copies of my book - my book in print - spilled out! I am so exited!!


I will have to do another blog post with some excerpts and a "give-away". This will be so much fun! Yippeeeee!
And I must, I simply must thank every one of my blogging buddies for all  your encouragement!










20 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh YAY!!! Congratulations to you Wendy.xx♥

Beverly said...

Cool!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is so neat, Wendy... You'll have to share what the book is all about...

CONGRATS.
Hugs,
Betsy

mxtodis123 said...

Congratulations, Wendy. What a great surprise for you. I remember back when you said it was going to be published and there it is.
Mary

joanne said...

Fantastic Wendy! I can't wait to hear more...congratulations..;j

Grayquill said...

Wowzer!! Have you been keeping secrets? or have I not been paying attention?Hmmmm....I guess there is that third option but that has to many bad jokes about missing bricks or a dull light bulb on the tree or maybe falling on my head, assoicated with that option.
I am so excited for you - I can't wait to order it.
Contgrats - I am proud and happy for you! Give yourself a pat or six on the back!

Grayquill said...

It's ordered - Nice cover BTW
Have I told you yet - I am proud of you? Big Smiles!

Rose said...

Congratulations, Wendy! How exciting to be a published author! The link didn't work, but I checked on Amazon, and there it was--what an accomplishment!

Celia said...

HOw wonderful to see your own work in print.

Grammy said...

Oh Wendy ! How exciting. I will pop over to amazon and check it out. What a thrill to actually touch it. I can feel the joy. :)

Cheryl said...

My dear Wendy,

Congratulations....how wonderful.
I am sure David is out there somewhere smiling, he would be so proud.

Our journey along life's road is full of twists and turns.........may this be a pathway full of fun and happiness for you.

Namaste

Hilary said...

Very cool. I'm happy for you, Wendy. :)

Maggie May said...

How wonderful. Well done!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Shammickite said...

So now you are a published author, just like Hemigway and Shakespeare! Many congratulations to you, you must be thrilled to bits! It's quita an achievement, I hope you make the bestseller list.

Q said...

Dear Wendy,
Congratulations!
Wow....you are a wonderful writer and now a published author.....I am so happy the world will get to know what an inspiration you are. It is an honor to call you friend....Wow!
Hugs,
Sherry

JeanMac said...

Congrats - wonderful.

Naturegirl said...

Wendy how exciting! Congrats to you!Looking forward to hearing what the book is about!hugs

Jackie said...

How wonderful!! You are a natural...and I know you are excited about your book. I am happy for you!!!

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Congratulations, Wendy. I see I have been gone far too long! I am so happy for you, and I can't wait to read it! Hugs! Jenny

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Okay so now I'm on the way to get one copy. Thanks for helping me find it Wendy. And congratulations.