Saturday, February 13, 2016

Deep Freeze

We're in the middle of a deep freeze.  Minus 25 Celsius today. Yesterday I bought spring flowers to brighten up my windowsill and lift my spirits.  Spring will come, but not today.
Basking in the sunlight - at least the sun is bright today - tulips are happy!
Still sleeping
Wake up, Baby Daffodil and meet your family.
Already open and curious to see the world
"One day, you'll grow up to be just like me!"

Should be a little warmer by Monday.  Whew! What's it doing in your part of the world?

8 comments:

Gail said...

Hello love - oh my such beautiful pictures of flowers in bloom. Made me feel like Spring had sprung!! We are just coming out of a deep freeze, as in 24 to 30 below zero w/the wind chill - actual temp -2 to minus 5. today it will get up to 13 degrees here in western NY state.
Stay warm
Love Gail
peace.....

joanne said...

I just love your flowers. I try to buy a bouquet every week during the dark months just to lift my spirits. It works too! Hope you get a warm up soon.

Abba's Girl said...

Beautiful! I have red tulips in bloom, make such a difference on dreary days.

Shammickite said...

After seeing your spring flowers, I need to pop over to the flower shop for some sunshine!

Maggie May said...

Love your flowers! They brighten up any day. We're having a stormy wet day again!
Maggie x

Hilary said...

Maybe that's what's needed.. flowers! Still cold and resisting growth.. I want a real spring. Ah well, it's supposed to warm up nicely in a week. Until then, I'll just enjoy your beautiful daffys and tulips. Thanks for the much needed whisper of spring.

Shammickite said...

Welll.... time for another blog post now that the worm weather is here....

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Missed this post as I barely blog now but the flowers caught my attention today and made me smile . They were gorgeous.