Monday, August 30, 2021

Sunset at Riverside Park, Tulsa, Oklahoma



Continuing on with Our Story:

Oklahoma, the home of my Soulmate. And I living in Montreal, Canada at the time of the Cruise. Yes, I took the plunge, made the move and am now residing in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.

How did that happen? Why would I sell my home, leave my family, change countries? 
Simple. I was following my heart.

I wasn't looking for a partner, a husband, a Soulmate. And that's when it happens. When you're not looking. I was simply enjoying a winter holiday. 

I had gone with a friend, someone who preferred cruising as her way of travelling. We spent time in the Spa, spoiling ourselves with aromatherapy massages and pedicures. I spent a fortune on skin care products with a flick of a credit card. So carefree and fun! 

Shore excursions had me exploring new territory with passion and zest. I melted into a beach day, my body loving the soft buoyancy of tropical water as I swam and floated, luxuriating in the freedom and warmth.  

Evening on the ship. I could hear Motown music pulsing through the air, beckoning, enticing me to come on into the nightclub and dance. Blue flickering lights gave the club an eerie yet exotic glow and without a second thought I dragged my friend onto the dance floor. 

I had to move, to sway to the incredible sound produced by these talented young musicians. Letting loose on the dance floor filled my heart with joy, with careless abandon; I was letting go, moving to the rhythm of the night and having more fun than I'd had in ages.

And that's when he first saw me. That "joie de vivre" aura surrounding me as I whirled around, sparked an attraction that grew stronger with each day on the Ship.




5 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

WOW, Wendy...I am so happy for you. We are in neighboring states.

Wendy said...

Isn't it amazing? Thanks for coming here. It's been a while since I've been in the blogging world. I miss it. FB is just not the same. Big hugs

stardust said...

You have wings to fly, Wendy! Excuse me of my this late visit. When you visited my blog, I was mostly away from my computer having a blog break. Your comment is really appreciated. Take care, and have happy days ahead.

Yoko

Ruth said...

Beautiful picture! Wishing you all the best.

stardust said...

Thank you, Wendy, for your visit and leaving a comment. Hope you’re doing well. Take care.

Yoko